2020 Mike Sharp Longest Trout Tournament
Join South Shore Anglers and the Salty Shamrock for the 2020 Mike Sharp Longest Trout Tournament.
|2020 Mike Sharp Longest Trout Tournament (Kids 15 & Under Entry)||$0|
|2020 Mike Sharp Longest Trout Tournament (Adult Entry)||$25|
Prizes will be awarded to the three longest trout regardless of slot sizes.
1st Prize: A Sportsman II Power Pole
including the labor for installation provided by T. A. Mahoney.
2nd Place: TBD
Bull Bay Rod Package
This event is a picture tournament. Pictures are to be mailed to the South Shore Angler’s email account (firstname.lastname@example.org). No picture will be accepted with a sent time past 3:00 PM, March 14.
Kids division will have special prizes.
Mandatory captain’s meeting will be held Friday, March 13th, 7:00PM at:
T.A. Mahoney Co.
4990 E Adamo Dr
Tampa, FL 33605
Captain’s meeting will conclude at 8PM. Picture tokens will be distributed at the Captain’s Meeting/Registration.
Weigh-in and festivities start Saturday, March 14th, 4:00PM at:
Salty Shamrock Gastro Grille
6186 N U.S. Hwy 41
Apollo Beach, FL 33572
Winner announcements will begin at 4:15 pm. Winner must be present, with no exceptions. Raffle tickets will be sold at both events and raffle items will be present at weigh in.
Anglers may register online through this event, or in person at the captain’s meeting.
- Fishing will begin on day of tournament at 7:00AM and end at 3:00PM.
- All angling methods must comply with current Florida state laws.
- Fish must be caught by hook and line.
- All fish must be caught within tournament boundaries as noted on this map: click to view boundary map
- Any angler not in line to submit an entry by 3:00PM will be disqualified.
- All fish, legal and illegal or “out of slot” fish, must be measured at the time of catch, with a standard provided fish ruler, from pinched tail to the tip of the nose. These fish must be documented prior to release by the use of a digital camera with tournament token placed in the picture. Photo should be presented to the tournament judge by the designated time.
- All tournament participants (16 and over) must possess a valid Florida Fishing License.
- In the event of a tie, first fish to be turned into tournament judge will be designated winner.
- The honor system applies throughout the tournament.
- Tournament judge’s decisions are final.
- Anglers are responsible for boat and crew. Each angler is responsible for their decision to fish in the tournament. Organizers and sponsors are not liable.
- Kids 15 and under may participate in the adult division, but must purchase an adult entry ticket.
Pictures will be taken of all winners and published on South Shore Anglers website and Facebook page.
THIS IS A CHARITY EVENT TO BENEFIT
Angling for Relief