2019 Big Greg Leonard Longest Redfish Tournament
Join South Shore Anglers and Reeling Freedom for the 2019 Big Greg Leonard Longest Redfish Tournament.
|2019 Big Greg Leonard Longest Redfish Tournament (Adult Entry)||$25|
|2019 Big Greg Leonard Longest Redfish Tournament (Kids 15 & Under)||$0|
Prizes will be awarded to the three longest redfish regardless of slot sizes.
1st place Minn Kota Riptide Ulterra 24v Trolling motor donated by Outcast Water Sports – Value $2,300
2nd place is an angler fishing gear package, $1,500 value donated by Bull Bay Rods, Penn, Z-man, Spiderwire, Gillz-Gear, Berkley Fishing, and Hodgman
3rd place is a $400 gift certificate from Sanchez Brothers
Kids division will have special prizes.
- Outcast Watersports
- Bull Bay Rods
- Berkley Fishing
- Sanchez Brothers
Mandatory captain’s meeting will be held Friday, October 4th, at:
T.A. Mahoney Co.
4990 E Adamo Dr
Tampa, FL 33605
Registration will be open from 6:00PM – 7:00PM
Captain’s meeting starts at 7:00PM
Weigh In, Raffles and Awards start Saturday, October 5th, 4:00PM at:
Salty Shamrock Gastro Grille
6186 N U.S. Hwy 41
Apollo Beach, FL 33572
Anglers may register online through this event, or in person at the captain’s meeting.
- Fishing will begin on day of tournament at 30 minutes before sunrise and end at 3:00PM.
- All angling methods must comply with current Florida state laws.
- Fish must be caught by hook and line.
- All fish must be caught within tournament boundaries as noted on this map: click to view boundary map
- Any angler not in line to submit an entry by 3:00PM will be disqualified.
- All fish, legal and illegal or “out of slot” fish, must be measured at the time of catch, with a standard provided fish ruler, from pinched tail to the tip of the nose. These fish must be documented prior to release by the use of a digital camera with tournament token placed in the picture. Photo should be presented to the tournament judge by the designated time.
- All tournament participants (16 and over) must possess a valid Florida Fishing License.
- In the event of a tie, first fish to be turned into tournament judge will be designated winner.
- The honor system applies throughout the tournament.
- Tournament judge’s decisions are final.
- Anglers are responsible for boat and crew. Each angler is responsible for their decision to fish in the tournament. Organizers and sponsors are not liable.
Kids 15 and under may participate in the adult division, but must purchase an adult entry ticket.
Pictures will be taken of all winners and published on South Shore Anglers website and Facebook page.
THIS IS A CHARITY EVENT TO BENEFIT
Visit them on Facebook.